Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Celebrating 50 Years of the Church in Ecuador

Hola Todos!!
      Okay so it sounds like I didn't offer enough details of what it was like where I am in my last email haha, sorry all :)   Okay, I am in a part of Guayaquil called the Esteros. I  have no idea what that means, but the ward is AMAZING!!!  There are SOO many returned missionaries who really know how to help the work along.  For example, we now don't teach the second hour of Gospel Principles, and the teacher is an awesome RM.  In the last class he taught about the Spirit, he asked at the end for everyone to think about who in there life needed the blessings of the spirit and then to give the names and directions to us!  PILAS! It was really spiritual and awesome. 

       My limits are pretty tiny as Guayaquil has been a center for the work for years and there are an incredible amount of stakes and wards. It is also a lot dirtier here than in Loja and not nearly as pretty. The people here are also a lot poorer, but much more open to the gospel and open to talking to us in general.  It is weird how different the culture is from the Sierra, the mountains, to the Coast.  It is also a little bit more dangerous here, but the people really respect the missionaries, and there is one member, a big black guy, that the whole neighborhood fears so when we are with him we can even take pictures and talk on the cellphone in the street because no one messes with Vicente! Haha :)

       This last Saturday was awesome!  It was the 50 years of the Church in Ecuador celebration!  There was a huge program and all of the missionaries that are here in Guayaquil in our mission were there!  We walked around the park and collected as many references as we could!  We also sang the mission hymn and Called to Serve at the beginning!  I think they are going to send out the video this week of us singing.  I'm pretty easy to spot as there are 70 Elders and only 7 Hermanas here In Guayaquil haha.  

        Also being in a trio has turned out to be amazing!  I LOVE these sisters!  Hermana Gonzales from Bolivia says the funniest things in such a quiet and sweet way.  Our investigators all love her.  Hermana Butler has been here before and so we have been contacting all of her old investigators and she has been such a help in figuring our way around the sector.  She knows SOO much about the mission in general and so it has been really wonderful being with her! 

        Tender mercies as well also exist!  Guayaquil typically is sweltering hot, but this week it has rained and been cloudy all week!  So I have been able to adjust little by little. :)  This week I have felt the spirit much more strongly as well! I have been really trying to follow the spirit, and talk to absolutely everyone.  The results have been really rewarding and I have loved being a missionary more and more and more!! 

         Well I love you all soo much!! I hocepe that was enough details!! :)
                              Love,
                                    hermana wride

No comments:

Post a Comment