When the zone leaders told me I was so upset, that I called the asistants. Good thing one of them is a good friend....hahaha. But is okay. I talked to Eli from Monay and she calmed me down. It is SOOO hard to think though that I have to leave Cuenca a week early and go to Guayaquil for the last week of proselyting of my mission. I was so sad. But everyone seems to have had some sort of confirmation for me that that is where the Lord needs me. I´ll be honest, I´m still waiting for that confirmation . At least this week we finished INCREDIBLY!!! We had the most amazing Sunday of my whole MISSION!!
First off we had three baptisms in the morning! THEY ARE SO AMAZING!! The mom, Magdalena, cried after her baptism and we sang all the songs accompanied by a guitar and it was just so beautiful and spiritual and a miracle happened with our mamita that I will have to explain later cause that will just take too much time, and just so many things happened. Then church started and it was the primary program and that was just the cutest and SOO many of our investigators came to church! The primary program was so cute and my companion (who also had transfers to Machala) and I when we started looking around at all these amazing people that we love so much and I just started to CRY and she started to CRY! (my companion hardly EVER cries) and we just sat there hugging each other and bawling in sacrament meeting. Also the attendance was 180 which is 50 people more than usual!!! WOWOWOWOW!!!!!!! And afterwards everyone wanted to take pictures with us, I felt like a celebrity but it was so hard cause I just kept getting teary-eyed and when one of our investigators grabbed me in a hug and said through the tears, "thank you for bringing me to church!" I broke. The other members of the family started to cry too and I felt helpless. I truly never knew if I had really made a difference in the lives of anyone and yesterday was amazing to see that though I never ever made that difference, I got to help guide them to the source of help that did. I got to bring these amazing people unto Christ. Que privelegio!! Then we went to ward council and I felt like I was looking on it from the outside and just saw these amazing leaders, worried and finding solutions to help the ward members and I felt a little of the pride that Heavenly Father feels for us when we are engaged in his work. Then the rest of the day we visited our converts and some of our closest investigators. I am so humbled at what I saw. It was like I got to see really the end result of all our work. And it was incredible.
Then when we got home we started to pack. I have felt for a while that I wanted to give my watch to my companion. She didn't have one, and I knew more than just that I felt the spirit telling me I should. When I gave it to her she cried, I am not sure why my watch had such a powerful significance for us both but we both just started crying and I gave her a huge hug. she doesn't like hugs so I apologized and just told her I needed to and she told me, "I think I am starting to like hugs now. Le quiero." You cannot know how much that meant to me. She honestly became like my daughter here and I LOVE her with all my heart. I admire her so much and I think because we had to fight through so many problems between us and overcame them, we grew so close. I cannot even express to you how much I love her but when we had to say goodbye today, I felt my heart breaking.
I honestly think the hardest thing I have had to do is finish my mission. But I am so grateful for what I have been able to see, do, and feel. I know the Lord lives. I feel his spirit with me every day and know that not even one day of my whole life have I been alone. I know that Christ´s atonement cleanses and gives strength to the weary and new life to everything. I have felt how it has cleansed me from my sins and helped me to see the world through eyes of hope. I love this gospel. I know with a certainty that it changes people, it changes hearts. I LOVE the opportunity I have to live it and share it with others and I am grateful that at least that much doesn't have to end.
En el nombre de Jesucristo. Amén.
Hermana Wride




No comments:
Post a Comment