Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Pope and Aunica in Ecuador



 Hello from Loja Ecuador!! It is BEAUTIFUL here! Even more colorful than I thought! I'm so glad I bought all the colorful clothes!! It's a beautiful city and actually quite chilly, especially in the morning. It doesn't help much that we don't really have hot water so showers are a bit frigid haha :) The food is wonderful! Surprising right!! But I LOVE it!! Oh there is so much to say I can't figure out what to write.

           So we have been teaching and teaching and teaching :) It's been really cool, I understand what happens most of the time in lessons, I struggle when we're not teaching though. My companion is AMAZING!!! She's the Perfect missionary! She's so good at being exactly obedient and talking to everyone. She is also the nurse of our zone and so that means that we get to go to the clinic when a missionary gets sick. My first day here we took a trip and wow, needles and blood are still just not my thing! Haha She is also FLUENT in the language! she can say anything she needs too and knows all the random non-religious words too! I am so lucky. She is also very very patient with me which has been so nice. I'll be honest it is a bit of an adjustment to get to the field. Our area has a lot of hills and so we get really tired after walking constantly up and down and up and down, and it can be frustrating when none of your investigators keep their appointments, and sometimes it's hard not to get a little down, but for every bad there are at least five good things :) Our apartment is in the home of a member and it's adorable!! Every room is a different bright color and my bed is huge!, the lessons that we have been able to teach have been really amazing, one of our investigators is getting baptized on the 18th and she is so wonderful, her house just two rooms and their both really small but their charming!, she is incredible! Pray for her that she'll be able to follow through, it's been really warm lately, the members are wonderful, the spirit is so strong, testifying is amazing, miracles HAPPEN!!! really a mission is just wonderful. 

         They are very humble people here and ËVERYONE is Catholic and very religiously so. The pope is here in Ecuador this week which means that proselyting has been a little different. One lady told us "you don't believe in the pope so, chao!" That was interesting. The city is also pretty empty as everyone has travelled to one of the cities he is visiting. It can be hard to teach them but it is also amazing to see just how much faith these people have in Jesus Christ! 
         Pray for us our here in Loja! I love you all!! :) 

Hermana Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment