Monday, November 30, 2015

An Ecuadorian Princess

Okay so this week just got even better!  I love being a missionary more and more.  I think one of the greatest lessons I have learned on my mission is to trust in God and my leaders. I can be very prideful and think I know better, but I am learning more and more just how wrong that is!  I still have a long ways to go but I am improving every week and that is exciting.

Another great lesson I learned this week was that if we are having a hard time with something, or overcoming something, and we ask Heavenly Father with real intent, the intent to act on the answer we get, he blesses us so much!  So, I have been a missionary for 6 months now, and I still feel pretty uncomfortable contacting. I haven't quite gotten down how to approach people walking on the street.  Sometimes it is easier than others but there were a couple of days this week that I was just in a scared funk and I didn't know why!  So I got down on my knees one night and asked Him to help me.  The next day the Hermana Lider here made a comment that really struck me - that I should contact on the bus.  I had been having that thought but it didn't really hit me as a revelation till she said it.  So we did, and I felt a lot of exterior strength helping me to contact everyone!  I think I talked to about 6 people as we were on the buses and it was amazing - it even resulted in a miracle.  Because I had my eyes open and was willing to talk to anyone and follow the spirit, one of the guys on the bus came up to us and said, 'I am sorry and hope this doesn't offend or annoy you guys, but I had the impression I needed to talk to you. What do you believe?' Well if that isn't a missionary's dream!  We are going to meet with him this week and I am so excited!  It was such a great experience and a real testimony to me of the power of obedience and of the overcoming power of the atonement.

Also yesterday in church we taught a lesson on the restoration and the spirit was so strong.  One of the members told of his experience gaining a testimony and it was amazing!!  The investigators in Principios del Evangelio (Gospel Principles) were all nodding their heads in understanding and we just wanted to shout for joy!  Members are amazing!!
After church we went and taught one of our investigators and watched the video of the restoration.  It was so amazing!  The spirit was so thick!  Oh yesterday was just awesome! 

Every day we find more people who need to gospel, and more people who are willing to accept it and my testimony just keeps getting strengthened that this really is the true church of Christ, that He and Heavenly Father love each an every one of us, and that there are SOOO many blessings from living the gospel!

On a lighter note. Twice this week I wore my pollera and ecuadorian outfit. It was a great contacting tool as everyone kept approaching us instead of the other way around!  Woohoo! Haha I'll attach a picture. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

Love,
Hermana Wride





Aunica in her Pollera and Ecuadorian Outfit - Isn't she Cute:))











No comments:

Post a Comment