Well this week was pretty
interesting. Thursday night I got pretty sick I threw up 17 times in three
hours so they sent me to the hospital. They really were mostly worried
about the lack of water I had in my body, so they hooked me up to an IV.
It wasn't my favorite thing, but I didn't scream when they did it -
right? They tried it the first time basically on the bone in my hand and
it hurt SOOOO bad!! They also took my blood and I just sang and recited
scriptures - didn't even flinch! Woohoo!! We also talked to the
nurse there who was so sweet and really wants us to come by and teach her!
Too bad she lives outside of my sector, but she did live in Hermana
Turner's (the hermana nurse and STL here in Cuenca) sector. We stayed
there over night.
That also meant that this weekend I wasn't really allowed to go
and proselyte very much. but church was amazing! I am always sooo
refreshed by going! It doesn't matter if the talks are good or terrible,
or if the classes are great or boring it is ALWAYS a spiritual boost! I am so
grateful for it!
Other than that, for news, Jonnathon got confirmed yesterday and
he received the priesthood! When we taught that lesson my companion (we
were on exchanges and so I was with Hermana Martinez) started crying just from
the spirit we felt from him and the spirit testifying of the power of the gift
of the Holy Ghost and the priesthood. I did too, it was amazing!! He has
changed so much and improved incredibly in the short 3 weeks we have been
teaching him. I am SOOO grateful to be a missionary and see the power of the
gospel firsthand!
I am sorry this is so short. I don't have much time but MERRY
CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!
I LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH!!
Hermana Wride
Just a brief update from mom:
I got a phone call from the
mission President on Friday afternoon and he was at the hospital with Aunica
and said she was doing much better and they were getting ready to send her
home. He let me talk to her briefly and she really did sound fine - just
like her usual chipper self. Her mission President is a physician
and he said she most likely had gastroenteritis which is likely bacterial
caused so they put her on an antibiotic and it seems to be doing the trick.
Apparently this is a fairly common occurrence for missionaries in this
region - rough few days, but she seems to be doing fine now.
Thanks for all your love and support for Aunica
Jamie




No comments:
Post a Comment