Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Talented Members in Ecuador



Well this week....I honestly do not remember what happened...I didn't do much until Wednesday when I felt almost all the way better.  Then after that we just taught and taught and taught!  Woohoo!  We had some really great lessons with one of our investigators, Carmen.  She has been through some incredibly hard things in her life that have really worn her down but she LOVES the gospel!  We have talked with her almost every day for the past month and she just keeps progressing!  This week was the ward Christmas party, and she came (my companion and I also sang "O Holy Night".  During it, my voice was shaking so bad, but I don't think it sounded too terrible...haha)   She said that the members were very welcoming and nice and that they all danced together after we left  (the party was supposed to start at 7 but in true Ecuador fashion didn't start till 8:30.-tal vez (maybe) in part due to the fact that the rice pot got stuck in a tire in the RS president's truck on the way to the party so we spent about 20 mintues trying to pry it out. HILARIOUS!)  She said she loved it!  Members are SOOO KEY!!  Then she came to church and she really liked it.  She read the Book of Mormon for almost 20 minutes during sacrament meeting and the rapture in her face as she was reading was so amazing to see!  Then we went by at night and one of her neighbors asked for a pamphlet, when we gave it to them she bore a very short testimony about how beautiful the message was. It has been absolutely INCREDIBLE to be a part of her conversion process and see the change taking place in her life.

Also this week I have been learning a lot about how to teach better.  I read an article in a Liahona that was called something like ´Helping our Children Recognize the Spirit' and it was amazing for applying to investigators as well.  It really helped me change my perspective on teaching and watching for the best ways that our investigators learn and how we can teach them better so that they understand and feel the spirit.  It has been awesome!  We used to be teaching the exact same things in the same way but now it is getting a lot better!  I love teaching about the gospel! It is just the best! 

This week we also went to Chordeleg, which is 45-60 minutes away from the main part of our sector, with the RS President and her fiancĂ©.  The family that lives there makes and sells shoes and they were SOO generous and sold me a pair of SUPER DUPER beautiful boots for $15 and then threw in another pair of shoes as a Christmas gift.  It is so cool to be here!  Many of the people here have some amazing talents and they all seem to be members.  The RS president has a clothing company and knows how to sew just about anything.  Another man makes really pretty hats  (he gave me one of those toos), another man makes AMAZING furniture and decorations and his wife paints beautifully, and the list just goes on and on!  I just wish you all knew them!!

I love you all so much and hope you have a very Merry Christmas!! 
Hermana Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment