Thank you so much EVERYONE! for you birthday wishes! I am so sorry if I wasn't able to respond to you, I have basically no time today because my companion has now gone to Galapagos too!! How cool is that?? So, I am currently dying of heat in Guayaquil hehe.
So this week was a little rough, but that is okay. There are always bright spots in rough weeks, and because they are rough the bright moments shine even more. This week I really just felt kind of tired. Some of our roommates were having a rough time in their companionship so we ended up spending a lot of time trying to help them out of it, but it turned out to be a very spiritual experience. I had no idea at first how to help one of the sisters and just kept praying for guidance. I then thought of my mom who when I am freaking out starts laughing at me or making fun to snap me out of it. Works like a charm! Haha Thanks mom! Then we were able to have a really spiritual discussion about looking for the good things in life, and always being grateful for all of our blessings even in the hardest of times. One thing I learned this week is that in every lesson we teach there is somethings we are supposed to learn from it too. So what I have been trying to do is to apply those things that I am teaching. Sometimes in a lesson the spirit touches me with a, "you know, you should really do that too" and I have been trying to apply it. It has given me: 1-a better appreciation and more patience with our investigators and their commitments to live the gospel, because it is HARD, it is hard to change habits! and 2- a better understanding of the gospel and a greater love for what I am preaching. When we were talking in that discussion I had the same thought that I need to apply that to my work. It was great!
This week I felt like we were going in circles and I kind of felt for a couple days that I was going insane, "doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result." I was getting comfortable with our routine and then I didn't want to get out of it because it was going to be hard and then everything just started going downhill from there haha. But it has been a good opportunity to realize that we might think we will be happier in our comfort zone but that is the biggest lie from satan ever! Haha. It is hard but it is happier.
This week was also awesome because one of our investigators Patricia is progressing really well! She went to a baby shower this week (we did too, first one in my life, it was super fun and cute) and just had a great time, and we had a few really great lessons with her! And that is about it! Haha I am so sorry this is so short and random. I never really remember the events of the week until I finish writing, so sorry but I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH! Really being here I have realized more than ever just how blessed I am to have grown up with such wonderful friends and family who have been incredible examples to me! I LOVE YOU ALL!!
Love,
Hermana Wride




No comments:
Post a Comment