HI EVERYONE!
So my new companion is...Hermana Nuñez. She is going to finish her mission in less than two months so she has so much to share with me and I am learning a lot.
So this week for my birthday the zone sang to me because there was a zone meeting, and in ward council they surprised me with a cake. This ward really is so incredible and have been an INCREDIBLE blessing to me on my mission. They honestly feel like family to me. Really they are AWESOME!
This week as well has been super interesting because my companion has some pretty awful problems with her knees so we were told to work one hour and rest one hour, but that is really hard when your day is filled with appointments. So, we did divisions and I was soo proud of myself for figuring it all out and SOOO grateful for the help of awesome members. Really every day this week I ended up skipping and spinning in circles in the streets because I was so grateful for the help of our ward!
This week we had a FHE with Patricia whose baptismal date is for this Saturday. We watched the video of the Restoration and the members bore their testimonies perfectly and then invited her to church and vaccinated her and everything! Oh, I should probably explain what vaccinating is - like a flu shot prevents you from getting the flu we always prevent our investigators from falling pray to the temptations satan sends. For example, if someone has problems with an unsupportive family we always say, this week we know that your family with try to tell you that what you are doing is crazy and try to desanimarle (no se que es en ingles lo siento) (No great translation in English, but Joel said it sounds like trying to "disenchant" someone), and when they do what will you say and what will you do?...It actually is a huge help! And the members did it this time! And it was just such a great lesson! And we were able to talk with her ex-husband about repentance and how he really can be forgiven of his sins and it was so spiritual and AMAZING!! Really without the spirit life it really sad and dull.
Also I got attacked by an Ecuadorian cold and they are BRUTAL!! I always thought the people here were just wussies when they said they had a cold and were going to stay inside all day. I am now repenting from judging haha. They are pretty darn strong down here. LOVE YOU ALL!!
Love,
Hermana Wride




No comments:
Post a Comment