Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Lord Provides for His Missionaries

Sorry I don't have a lot of time. Internet problems! But my new area is........................................CUENCA! hahaha  I just moved wards!  hahaha  It was so funny because in the zone meeting this week there were a few new people so everyone went around and introduced themselves with how much time they have in the mission, where they are from and what sector they are coming from.  Haha I stood up and said, "I am Sister Wride, I have one year in the mission and I am coming from Monay."  Everyone just burst out laughing because it was just so comical.  I have been here in Cuenca so long haha, but I LOVE IT!  I love my new ward as well and I LOVE my new comp!  My other companion I am not going to lie was rather hard to get along with, really hard to get along with.  But my new companion is Hermana Moore´s daughter (Jamie speaking - I am assuming this is "missionary speak" for a new missionary they were training?) and she is adorable!  I finished training her this week and we saw soooo many miracles!  We really are focusing on being obedient and bettering the program here, especially in the sense of working with the members and studying every day especially for our investigators (that should be something so normal but I don't know why it just really isn't put into practice here.)  We were able to set two new baptismal dates, find nine new investigators, and have seven in sacrament meeting!  YAY FOR THE WORK! 

We also had an incredible miracle today!  We are honestly in zero when it comes to money and our monthly allotment just didn't come.  We also don't have food in the house.  It is just sad.  I called the zone leaders to see what we could do because with the new rule we cant take out money from home.  I think I sounded rather desperate,  I felt rather desperate, and an extremely nice man/angel shoved a five dollar bill in my companions hand, saying, "God bless you." and ran off.  We were stunned!  I am not even sure I said thank you I was in shock.  Then when we came to we looked at each other and started crying.  We normally can't receive money from anybody but he just disappeared.  It was the exact amount we needed to buy two lunches.  I felt the spirit so strongly testifying to my companion and me that he will provide. We were sooo grateful and thank Heavenly Father about a million times just marveling in his goodness, and the goodness of that kind man.  What an amazing opportunity it is to be a missionary.

LOVE - Hermana Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment