This week!
This week was super hard. I will not even lie. We are just stuck in 0 it seems. At the beginning of the week I just couldn't figure out why or how! My companion and I are working very hard, we could improve our unity and little things but for the most part we are doing well, and we are definitely doing the best we can, but just no one wanted to accept a baptismal date (which is super weird because I am in Ecuador pues). And our leaders who are awesome just kept asking us, what is going on Hermanas?? and I just kept asking the same question to Heavenly Father. What is going on? What do I need to improve? I think at first I was kind of complaining, and then I was listening. I learned that I needed to be more direct and more powerful. So I applied it. I also thought about how I needed to fast. So I applied it. I felt that I should be more courageous and talk to absolutely everyone I could. So I applied it. I started to feel so much better about my part here. I felt, literally felt the power of the Atonement in my life as I let it change me but still nothing! Then I thought about my companion and how we need to apply these things together (a little harder but we are trying). And still not much. Then Saturday I just worked and worked and worked. When my companion just sat down on the sidewalk I grabbed her hand and we kept working and prayed so hard! If I do my part Heavenly Father is obligated to bless my efforts. There were little miracles, one of our investigators came to church, and we couldn't seem to find her practically all week! Then two other members brought their friends to church, but no one wanted to accept a baptismal date. Then yesterday I think I figured it out. I had been praying for so long for him to help me really know that I care and do what I do for these people because I love them. and this week it happened. I really really felt the desire to HELP, and I knew that I wasn't looking for numbers I was searching for souls. And then He taught me a great lesson. I need to have the vision. In Alma 32:41 it talks about the vision we should have, looking forward to the fruits. and many times I was just pleased having showed them the right way but I didn't have the vision of them in the temple like I should have, and that was a huge part that was missing. My companion and I are now going to apply that during the week, having the same vision and the same goal in mind for every investigator, working as hard as we can so that it happens! I really feel that this week the Lord has refined me so much! He had given us miracles, that have been small. Others were larger (finding someone that accepted a baptismal date, and a bus that passed by way past the time that they are working and took us to our destination without making us pay (I don't have money haha)) It has been a great week of learning. I love this gospel and being a missionary and I am learning SOO much every day! I love these people and do desire their salvation! IT IS AMAZING! LOVE YOU ALL!
No comments:
Post a Comment