Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Impressions Lead to Miracles - Trust the Carpenter

This week was so funny and weird, and great and sad and just a rollercoaster! 

So Monday night I had the impression to put down the name of an old investigator that we stopped visiting two months ago because we could never find her. Then when we went to lunch I had the slight feeling to walk down a certain path and we ran into her!  It was such a miracle, in the moment she was sooo depressed, her husband left her about the same time that we stopped teaching her and she was thinking about ending her life because of a million other problems as well that have just piled up one on top of another.  She sat down on the curb and talked with us, we shared a message about the atonement and how He really can carry our burdens if we will just turn to him.  She said at the end that she felt so much lighter and invited us to come to her house the next day.  We went and really just listened and tried to find out what her needs were and then invited her to be baptized and she accepted! She understands a lot already of how the true church of Christ really should be so we are just building off her knowledge.  She also came to church this week with her three sons which was AWESOME! 

We talked the next day to a taxi driver and explained the doctrine of baptism and bore our testimonies and he se quedó callado (was quiet). Lo sienton (I'm sorry), I don't remember how you say that in English.  I could tell he felt and understood something in that moment. 

Also we were able to talk to a recent convert that has stopped going to church.  She really needed some spiritual help.  When we got there she just seemed so down and just in darkness and by the end she was smiling and just seemed a little lighter.  My companion shared a wonderful scripture that was just so perfect for the situation  - Alma 36:3 "And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day." and we left.  That day we felt like we had done the errand of angels and that the work of the Lord really progressed that day.  It was awesome.

Saturday was interesting, an 81 year old man tried to kiss me and I got bit by a dog.  Luckily the rather elderly man missed, and the dog only barely pierced my skin so we are still alive haha.  But it was just so odd.  That night though was really cool because we were able to visit with Jonathon another of our recent converts and he told us how he was able to give a blessing of health for the first time, he said, "My hands felt kind of hot and I was saying words that even I didn't understand, I just knew it was what the Lord wanted me to say."  What a blessing to have been here so long to see how amazingly well he has progressed!  WOW!!

This week really was a rollercoaster but I learned a lot about patience, with myself, with Heavenly Father, and with others.  It is so hard to realize that you cannot make people do the right thing, and keep the commandments and go to church, but that if we do our job and invite them and testify the spirit can really work miracles. one of my friends wrote this week and said - "missionaries spend too much time worrying about things they can't control. Also, don't be afraid or nervous that you're not perfect.  God doesn't need perfect tools to accomplish His work. The talent comes from the carpenter, not the tools; the carpenter can draw a straight line with a crooked blade.  Just do your best and let him take over."  I loved that!  And I think it applies to every aspect in life!  I love you all!! Have a wonderful week and be good! Portense bien (Be nice)!! 

LOVES
Hermana Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment