I got to talk to Adam this week! That was awesome! For those of you who
don't know I have an INCREDIBLE brother who is going to Africa, Benin and Togo,
on his mission and he is amazing!! The gospel is the greatest thing we have.
So this week was great. After district meeting Tuesday we went
back to the house to drop off all the books and gather up everything we needed
for the day and as we were leaving, the Zone Leaders called me and told me to
`regresar y empacar´' because I had just been called as the hermana lider and
we had to go to Guayaquil for the leadership council. It was so cool! Here in this mission the STLs (Sister Training Leaders) have never
been in the same companionship but they are now changing that and so I might be
with Hermana Martinez who is the most amazing missionary besides my trainer. Actually everything about the mission
has changed! It is AWESOME! The whole culture of the mission has
gone from one very focused on numbers to very focused on our investigators true
progress, and permanent retention. I am so excited!!! It was so spiritual to be in the council and here all the
whys. One of my favorite new rules
is that we CAN EAT LETTUCE AND TOMATOES! I hadn't eaten lettuce or uncooked
tomatoes in 14 months!! IT IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!
When we were coming back we talked a lot
about the work and about how to follow the spirit and improve in every aspect
and I just felt the spirit so strongly.
I also had four powerful experiences
about the atonement. Tuesday we
had a POWERFUL district meeting and by the end everyone with more than 10
months was crying. Then we had a
lesson with an investigator who just wasn't progressing where we read 3 Nephi
11 and I had tears in my eyes while I testified and while we invited him to
start putting in his own effort. And
HE CAME TO CHURCH AGAIN! Then on Sunday
we taught the lesson in the second hour and again I had tears in my eyes. Then when I talked to Adam again I felt
the power, the true power of the atonement, as we bore testimony. I really learned this week the importance
of testifying in every lesson and I felt the spirit soooooo strongly whenever I
did. Christ really is the center
of everything we do. When we make
Him the center of our lessons the spirit is so strong. When we make the focus other principles
it just isn't quite as powerful. I
LOVE my Savior. I have learned so
much this week about His life, His teachings, and His love. What an amazing calling I have!
Love you all!
Love,
| Leadership Council with Hermana Martinez! LOVE HER - what an amazing example!! |
| I saw my Hermana Isita!! She is Hermana Lider now too. Cute stuff. |
| Hermana Quispe and Hermana Montalvan had their Birthdays this week. CAKE!! |
| We covered Hermana Montalvan with eggs and flour after running on Tuesday. LOVE THEM!! |
Hermana
Wride




No comments:
Post a Comment