Wednesday, August 10, 2016

New Companion and Temple Visit

Sorry I didn't write last week. They called us Monday and told the four of us in the house some interesting news. My darling Hermana Isita went to Naranjal and Hermana Montalvan, Hermana Vargas, and I went to Guayaquil to train.  I honestly starting shaking  I was so nervous!  We got in the bus and headed out and the next day we went to the temple. I MISS THE TEMPLE SO MUCH!  Oh my gosh I just want to kick myself for not taking advantage of EVERY opportunity I had at home to go to the temple at least once a week.  I just always find so much strength and peace in the temple.  And it was just so great to be with some of my best friends from the mission too.

Then we had a training with president about how to train and I just loved it!  I love our president!  He is focusing so much on just doing what he spirit tells us to do and letting us be our own agents.  I felt the spirit so strongly when he talked and just knew again that he is here as our president for a reason.  Then we got to meet our cute new companions.

Mi hijita is Hermana Gutierrez.  She is from Peru, Ayacucho and she is just darling.  She has a great attitude.  I know it has been so hard for her to come and that she had to make a lot of sacrifices (particuliarly her family) to be able to come and it has been hard to adjust, it always is.  But she has a huge desire to just work and to learn and to adjust, and she has a great attitude. I believe she will be a great missionary.

This week I saw and felt the Lord's hand so many times.  I really felt him helping me and strengthening me.  We also had 10 investigators that came to church this week and it was awesome!  We are seeing so much progress with some of our investigators and had some really good spiritual lessons this week.  I love being a missionary! There are some days that are so hard that I just don't want to keep going but Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ just seem to pick me up and give me a push so that I keep going.  I cannot believe that its been more than a year, but what an incredible year it has been.

 I LOVE YOU ALL!
Hermana Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment