So this is going to be short.
This week was rather hard, I´m not gunna lie. I just have this problem having too many priorities and then sometimes I don't realize I am stressed till it just comes out in tears and then whoops - it's too late. Haha, but it is good because I have learned a lot about managing stress here on the mission and it has been a great skill to gain. Well there were just lots of strange problems this week but it was good because I really got to feel the spirit working through me and helping these people and I learned how to lead better. I also learned that if something is going to help a situation, you should do it in the moment and not later (thank you Elder Villalobos). We helped some Hermanas move houses and that was the first time I have done that on my mission. I honestly feel like one of the only sisters who doesn't like to move. I always get to a house where the sisters have recently moved or when I leave they decide to move again. I just don't understand it. Sorry rant over.
On to the good stuff. We were able to have a really good lesson with the Fam Criollo and we talked about the sacrament which is soooo cool by the way. Have you ever stopped to think about how much symbolism there is in the sacrament and how much that adds to the spiritual significance of everything? And it was so cool to see the understanding they gained. We also talked about baptism and about the scripture in Moses 6:60 that says (in a rough translation, never have read it in English) "by water you keep the commandment, by the spirit you are purified, and by blood you are sanctified." I LOVE that scripture because it explains so beautifully how we are converted. We have to keep the commandment by being baptized and witnessing unto the father that we are willing to serve and follow him, so that he can purify us of our sins through the gift of the Holy Ghost and as we endure to the end, trusting in the merits of him who is powerful to save, developing faith in His atonement, we are sanctified and refined. We talked about that and I felt the spirit soo strongly. I know of the power of the doctrine of Christ. It is the only way we can be saved as there is no other name under which we can be saved. What a powerful and beautiful doctrine. AND I GET TO TEACH IT EVERY DAY!!! WOW!!!
Also unless it is absolutely necessary PLEASE don´t mention my homecoming! I'm really quite enjoying thinking it will never come.
LOVE YOU ALL!
Love,
Hermana Wride




No comments:
Post a Comment