This week.
Can I just tell you that miracles exist??? Well I will tell you. THEY DO!! GOD LIVES AND IS A GOD OF MIRACLES! HE IS THE SAME YESTERDAY TODAY AND FOREVER. So this honestly was just another one of those weeks. So I made the goal after my first fast to fast every week until the end of my mission. I cannot even express to you the number of miracles we have seen, and how I have felt such a change as well in my sensitivity to the spirit. Okay but a sidenote, that does not mean that I think you should all now fast every week, It was just something that I felt I prompted to do.
So this week was the leadership council in guayaquil and it was awesome! We studied a talk by Elder Bednar called "Becoming a Preach my Gospel missionary." SOOO good! and what a great introduction to a great training. We learned so much about the importance really of Preach my Gospel and how the mission should really be run. So many things are changing but all the changes are SOOOO good! I love being in this mission at this time! I feel so much power in my calling and I feel that I really am working in the way the Lord wants me to work. Okay enough of my rant, it was just a great way to start the week.
Then I got home and there were just a lot of problems in my companionship. I had no idea why but it was just super hard for a few days and we just didn't have a lot of success those two days. Friday I kind of broke down. My companion who is AMAZING by the way, just doesn't like to open up and talk, she just hasn't had a background that has allowed her that kind of opportunity or level of trust and I just didn't know what else to do, and kind of broke down. We did an intercambio just to figure things out and it was EXACTLY what we needed! That day we were able to place a new baptismal date with an amazing 15 year old girl named Mayerli who is just the cream of the crop. I had talked to her in the bus a few weeks ago and we just hadn't been able to meet up, but that day we could and it was just perfect. Then we got home and it was still a little awkward but a lot better, Then we went to conference.
Conference was the BEST!!! I felt such an amazing spirit that I was just so sensitive the whole day. and it helped so much!!! We ate Pizza Hut (real american food!!) as a zone and then finished conference. Our convert came to the first session in Jeans and wasn't really sure what was happening. But in the second he came in a suit with a white shirt and tie (in a recent convert of two weeks that is just hard to see) and took notes of the whole thing, AND brought his neighbor!! THANK YOU SO MUCH GENERAL AUTHORITIES FOR TALKING ABOUT MISSIONARY WORK! It was aweomse!! That night we were walking to meet up with a member who was going to introduce us to his friend, and I had the feeling to talk to a man who was walking behind me. I did and it turns out he is looking for the truth. We told him about the conference the following day and how we would hear from a modern day prophet, he was so curious and asked, "you have a prophet? I have just never heard of a church with prophets and apostles!" We testified and invited him and he agreed to come. The next day we went to pick him up and we taught him about the restoration. He sat through the conference with some members and LOVED it! He said he was so impressed and wants to know more. WHAT A MIRACLE! Conference is so amazing and I testify of the power of the priesthood and of prophets and apostles.
Then that night my companion opened up to me and I finally understand!! SHE IS AMAZING!! LITERALLY AMAZING!!! You just have no idea. Just another testimony to me of the power of fasting, prayer, and listening and following the prophets council. I love this gospel. It is amazing too. Wow. Everything is just amazing! I love you all!!
Love,
Hermana Wride




No comments:
Post a Comment