Okay so this week...I am just the worst and can never remember what happens from week to week. I am starting to write in my journal again (it has been over a month) so I am hoping that will help me remember too! But highlights!!
Wednesday was the worldwide missionary conference. All of the missionaries all over the world got to watch it! We listened to apostles and other general authorities and they had discussions and talks and it was AMAZING!! I left feeling the spirit so strong. Something I loved is that Elder Bednar talked with a bunch of missionaries in a discussion about the importance of the spirit. One of the things I loved is that he said in order to receive revelation for our investigators we need to listen closely. That it takes INTENSE SPIRITUAL FOCUS!! and that we need to have ears to hear and eyes to see what they need and what they are saying. We need to be 100 percent focused on the people and always listening and observing, especially if we aren't talking. And that we are the instrument for the spirit not the other way around. Our job is to create an environment where the spirit can testify and work through us. Nothing more. It was awesome!
That night we went and visited a member who was really having a hard time because the other night in ward council people were shooting down her ideas and her focus on a family that now almost everyone has given up on, but she hasn't! She is so extremely humble and felt that she just needed to see things from their perspective and understand that there really was no hope but that IS SO FALSE!! There is always always hope!! We went and talked with her and we learned sooooo much! I loved so many things she said. One thing she said is that when she was investigating the church she was in a really dark place, that her husband had left her with three kids, her brother was hitting her, and she felt like life wasn't worth living. The missionaries that taught her one day took a piece of paper and a pen and drew a picture with a family of 5, then they xed out the dad and said, 'The father is gone, what is the savable part of this picture?' She looked at it and responded, 'nothing'. 'Wrong,' said the missionary. Then he covered her up and said, 'these three are savable, they are the part worth living for.' She changed so much in that moment and from then on dedicated everything she had to her kids and always remembered that they were savable. This sister always prays for help and blessings but 'not too many, because I don't ever want to forget who they come from.' She knows what she has and she never wants to forget it. One day when she was down and worried about making ends meet she exclaimed, we are so poor I cannot make this work! Her son looked at her and said, 'we aren't poor mommy, we have that bench.' 'what bench?', 'the bench in the chapel, that makes us rich.' She got tears and her eyes and hugged him, because he was right. She loves the gospel so much and is such an AMAZING INCREDIBLE WONDERFUL example to me of how we as members should really treat the gospel, as a treasure. We should always be humble and grateful, no matter the circumstances that we have the TRUE RESTORED GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST, THE POWER OF SALVATION!! I hope I can one day understand and comprehend how lucky we are the same way that she does.
Also! Saturday MICHELLE GOT BAPTIZED!! Saturday was an awesome day and absolutely nuts, it felt like a holiday! In the morning we got up and made lunch for that day because we knew we wouldn't have time to eat! So I made fettucini alfredo from the recipe book (THANK YOU MOMMY!!) with red peppers. Then we ran off to the zone meeting and that was wonderful! We talked about the worldwide conference, then went and got everything ready! She was so excited to be baptized and was right on time with a HUGE smile! Also her mom and three other investigators came and it was so wonderful!! She bore her testimony and we sang and it was so spiritual!! Being a missionary is the best!
I love you all so much! thank you for everything, for all of your prayers, and for your examples! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment