Tuesday, January 19, 2016

More New Foods and Power of Prayer in the Little Things

So this week....

Well we have an investigator who is just awesome!  His story is amazing.  So, he was born in Cuenca but when he was a year old he moved to the states (kind of like Dad only with Canada :)). He lived in New York but in all of the really hard areas and ended up growing up in gangs and dealing drugs and just had a really hard rather messed up life.  (He speaks in English like a gangster still and it is so cool!)  He was in and out of jail and basically ruined his life there so the government exiled him and told him he can never go back to the states.  So, he came back here to Ecuador and at first Guayaquil.  Guayaquil is just not the place for someone who needs to reform his life and for another few years he was involved with the same things there, but then when he had a son and turned about 35 he looked at his life and realized how horrid it was and how terribly he was using the time that God had given him to live and decided to turn it all around.  He now is one of the most amazing people I have met.  He lives with his mom here in Cuenca and works at a hotel and uses the money he earns to bless the lives of everyone he meets.  He lives next door to a middle aged single woman and her deaf father and always goes by to bring them cake or go on walks to just do something to make them happy, and he does the same for everyone else!  He has a very strong testimony of God, and now we are just working to make it a very strong testimony of the gospel as well!  Please pray for him!!  I have so much faith that he is going to get baptized he just needs some prayers and some help :)

Also this week was so great!  In my mission lately I have been doing okay on obedience but the little things were just sliding, and I felt horrible, so this week I prayed one night for help to fix the little things.  The next day I worked really hard and it was so much easier than the other days and I could feel a divine help that I really needed and I was able to be exactly obedient.  The results were amazing!!  I felt the spirit so strongly all day, I was so happy and light, and I was able to see miracles!  I felt so much more like the daughter of God I want to be and it was amazing!  I continued praying and working and oh my goodness!  I feel like I have improved so much in just a few short days.  It has been such a testimony to me of the power of the atonement.  In the last conference talk by Elder Eyring he said something how, in every calling and in every responsibility we have in life, we cannot fulfill it alone, we have to rely on the atonement and on the Lord.  This week I was able to see that!  I still don't understand completely how the atonement works, but I have a much stronger testimony now, that it does. 

I love you all! I am sorry this is always so short I just never have much time! 

Other highlights from the week-
In the past two weeks I have eaten the weirdest things of my mission-chicken liver (it is HORRID!! NEVER EVER eat it!!!), tripe, or cow intestines, (they actually weren't all that bad, but the texture was kind of like eating a grilled balloon), and guinea pig (also not a fav). It has been great!

Also I got sick again this week but not nearly as bad.  Still, not super fun but we read Elder Eyring's talk and that IS AMAZING!  So something good came out of it!
ECUADOR is the BEST!!! Love you all!

Love,
Hermana Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment