Friday, May 6, 2016

A Hike In Cuenca

So this week has just really been a week of ups and downs.  I really am in the best ward in the whole wide world!!!  The members are so loving here and they are just the best!  I am so so so grateful for their help and support.  This week we were able to talk to one of our investigators who is preparing for baptism and is going through a divorce which has been SO hard for her. She told us that she knows we were sent from God to help her and that she has found strength, and comfort, and an anchor through our teachings of Christ.  That is the best thing to hear in the whole wide world! 

Also I learned a lot about priorities this week.  If we put God first everything else works out.  Also there are times when people do things that make you mad (that also happened this week) but I just felt the spirit whisper to me every time that it happened, "take a breath. What is more important? Your relationship or being right, or letting her know."  Every time it helped me gain perspective.  It was a great learning week.  Also over the last two months I have learned to love a companion who could not have been more opposite and how to make compromises and work together.  That is hard, but wow it feels good!  Today she left to go home and it made me so sad!  But she is going to be an INCREDIBLE missionary in her house!  I love you all!  Live the gospel!  I cannot even begin to describe the BLESSINGS and the MIRACLES that happen when you do!  I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Love,
Hermana Wride

I made a cake in the microwave for our Mamita. I was so proud.


One of our Mamitas made us encebollado, which is a very typical Ecuadorian dish of fish, onions, chips from plantano, yuca, limes, and just a whole bunch of other delicious things.  It was SOOO good! 


!
I taught my companions how to dye Easter eggs for Easter  - haha!  They were all so confused as to what the purpose of dying eggs was.   Haha



We also climbed a mountain and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!  You have no idea how incredible Ecuador is and how many amazing plants there are!  I literally live in Paradise and I don't ever ever ever EVER want to leave!   More pictures of our hike and this AMAZING tree we found. It was like being in a fairytale (it even sits right above the river!




No comments:

Post a Comment