That was sooo wonderful to talk to you guys yesterday! One of my companions from Honduras almost wasn't able to because all of the internet lines were faulty yesterday and she was panicking. It was so sad! It made me so grateful I was able to talk to you guys! I love you so much! Each one of you is just amazing!
Family makes me happy. Talking to them through skype on Mother's Day makes me extra happy ;)- that was awesome yesterday! And Happy Mother's day mommy! YOU ARE AMAZING AND I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU! And congrats Adam on your call to Africa, Benin and Togo! YOU WILL BE THE BEST MISSIONARY TO WALK THE EARTH!
So this week was NUTS! So my companion finished her mission Monday, and the companion of another sister that I live with so we ended up being companions waiting for OUR companions who just didn't arrive...it was so weird. We started working and then Tuesday night we thought for sure they would be coming so we planned for our own sectors. Tuesday they didn't come, so we ended up trying to work in the two, going for one side to the other trying to make all of our appointments and it was CRAZY!. Then we thought for sure they would come Wednesday and they didn't, not until FRIDAY NIGHT! did they come when we were right about to have a VERY important lesson in my companion´s sector, Totoracocha. We were dying of stress not knowing. Anyone who knows me knows I get stressed out so easily and I just worked the whole time on doing my best under the circumstances, letting the spirit guide, and being okay with it all. Sometimes I managed other times I didn't but what I did manage was my best so all in all, I am okay and happy that it is in the PAST!
So now I am with Hermana Perez. We were together for two weeks in Guayaquil before so it has been kind of cool to just get into the swing of things. She is from Colombia and is the sassiest person I know, and SO bold! It's awesome. She just talks to everyone about everything and just asks them what she wants to know directly. I think she is really going to help me in that department.
This week I had a really neat experience talking to one of the investigators in Totoracocha. The mom is less active but returning to the church and the son got baptized this week. The mom had all sorts of questions about the virgin and why we don't adore her because she had been left an orphan at a young age and always looked to her as her mother. I wasn't sure how to handle the situation and tell her that wasn't the right thing to do but not hurt her. But the spirit led me in everything. We testified, read the scriptures that show why we shouldn't and then talked about how the Lord loves her and has always had his arms around her. The spirit was SOO strong! I just felt wrapped up in love! It was amazing! Those moments are the most amazing. When I can feel the spirit working through me and testifying to others, through me. I LOVE THE GOSPEL AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!
Hermana Wride




No comments:
Post a Comment