Well this week was filled with miracles and I had a great testimony builder about fasting. This weekend we fasted for the ward (because the attendance has just been falling and we don't know why and they just haven't been supporting the work) and to be able to set a new baptismal date. I saw direct answers.
Saturday night we talked with a man that was referred to us from another ward and he is SOOO prepared! He accepted a baptismal date for the 24 of September!! We had the help of two wonderful members and were able to have some really great lessons with members. Then Sunday we have 7 investigators in church and the attendance was 130 instead of the 90 it has been the last few weeks! I was soooo grateful I had tears in my eyes. I remember once my mom told me that we give our 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread and the Lord will multiply our efforts to feed 5,000. And I felt that in that moment. I have done so little, but the Lord has done so much. He is the one who helps our investigators come to church, He makes the miracles in the lives of those who have faith in him. He is the one who can help us be clean and will pick us up when we fall or put a smile on our face when everything goes wrong. I am so grateful for Him and his atonement.
This week we also focused a lot on the atonement and focusing on Christ in every lesson and the spirit was amazing. We had one lesson with an investigator about the atonment where I felt the spirit so strongly as I taught about the sacrament and I know he felt it too. He wants to come to church but it is so hard for him because he lives really far away., but I know that the Lord will provide a way, for he does not give commandments unto the children of men, without first preparing the way for them to fulfill them. (rough translation from the spanish verse which I now know much better.)
I love you all. Thank you so much for your support and your love.




No comments:
Post a Comment