Friday, September 23, 2016

The Power of Being Still

Well this week has been a little crazy.  I really have learned so many things on my mission and every week seems to be a different learning experience.  This week I think I learned how to handle situations I don't understand, by breathing and listening to the spirit.  I think sometimes I get very very stressed.  Haha  - I think anyone who knows me well knows that, and on my mission it hasn't been any different.  But I am trying.  This week I just tried to breathe and pray when I was stressed or I didn't understand how to handle a situation and it helped so much.  

 My new companion is the complete opposite of me and she doesn't like to talk much or express her feelings at all, and I know she is very stressed too, but I just didn't know how to help her because when I tried she got even more mad.  So I just stayed silent and prayed and I just felt that I had to love her through service and by complimenting the things she does well. and I felt the spirit fill me and I knew it was right.  I tried doing that all week and I just felt a greater calm.  There are still moments when I get so stressed I feel so lost but then I just pray and keep silent.  I love the scripture, "Be still and know that I am God" it just helps bring calm and the spirit.

This week we also had a baptism!  He was so excited!!  He has a great testimony of the Book of Mormon and is thinking of serving a mission.  He told us the gospel has changed his life and I just wanted to start crying because that is just the most amazing thing a missionary can hear.  What a blessing it is to serve the Lord.  I hope I can do it better everyday. 

Love you all!! 
Hermana Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment